How to apply for a studio
We have 3 short let studios at Porthmeor which we advertise about twice a year, and 12 long let studios at Porthmeor and 7 in Newlyn which are advertised as they become available.
Rents are £58.07/sqm + VAT/year, and the cost of a studio ranges from £75 to £488/month including VAT. Studios are individually metered for electricity and water, and tenants are invoiced quarterly. Tenants are also responsible for paying business rates.
To register an interest in a studio
Please email email@example.com . You will then be placed on our mailing list, and notified whenever a studio become available.
- Applicants are invited to submit details of their practice by submitting the following:
- Up-to-date CV.
- Short statement to include information about your work and evidence of your commitment to the arts scene in Cornwall, and demonstrating a genuine need for a professional work space. It is a condition that you reside in Cornwall for the duration of your tenancy and this should be addressed in your statement.
- Two referees.
- 6 JPEG images (no slides), maximum 1MB per image, with a short description of the work illustrated. This should include medium and size.
To download the most recent Application Pack Click here
A Selection Panel is convened by the Trust comprising members who have considerable relevant experience, and it may invite applicants to attend an interview.
Selection is based on the following criteria:
- The quality of work.
- Evidence of the artist’s serious approach to their work.
- Proven commitment to the development of their practice.
- A commitment to live and work in Cornwall during the tenancy.