How to apply for a studio
We have 3 short let studios at Porthmeor and a live/work space at Anchor Studio which we advertise twice a year, and 12 long let studios at Porthmeor and 6 at Trewarveneth which are advertised as they become available.
Rents are £75.00/sqm + VAT/year, and the cost of a studio ranges from £97.50 to £630/month including VAT. Anchor Studio is £1295/month, which includes a small flat. Studios are individually metered for electricity and water, and tenants are invoiced quarterly. Tenants are also responsible for paying business rates.
To register an interest in a studio
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org . You will then be placed on our mailing list, and notified whenever a studio become available.
Applicants are invited to submit details of their practice by submitting the following:
- Up-to-date CV.
- Short statement to include information about your work and evidence of your commitment to the arts scene in Cornwall, and demonstrating a genuine need for a professional work space. It is a condition that you reside in Cornwall for the duration of your tenancy and this should be addressed in your statement.
- Two referees.
- 6 JPEG images (no slides), maximum 1MB per image, with a short description of the work illustrated. This should include medium and size.
To download the most recent application pack click here, but please note the application deadline for this round has now passed.
A Selection Panel is convened by the Trust comprising members who have considerable relevant experience, and it may invite applicants to attend an interview.
Selection is based on the following criteria:
- The quality of work.
- Evidence of the artist’s serious approach to their work.
- Proven commitment to the development of their practice.
- A commitment to live and work in Cornwall during the tenancy.